Valentine’s Day is one of the sweetest reasons to have a party. This year as you gear up to throw a Valentine’s party, send gorgeous Valentine’s Day party invitations and plan lots of fun, Valentine’s Day party games. Great games help guests get to know one another, entertain and also keep your guests engaged. Here are some activity ideas to get you started.
1) A Special Valentine Message: You can put folded Valentine messages into balloons and fill the balloons with helium or attach them to the ceiling with tape. Leave all of the message slips blank except for one. On the one “winning” message, write “You’re in luck Valentine”. Attach ribbons to the bottom of the balloons to make them easy to reach. Towards the end of the party allow your guests to pull down the balloons and stomp them to check if their balloon has the winning message inside. The person who gets the written Valentine message is the winner of the game and gets a special prize (box of chocolates, etc). The balloons are also a pretty way to decorate your party room.
2) Valentine Word Scramble: This is an interesting game that all will enjoy. You will need to start with a list of words associated with Valentine’s Day. Scramble each of the words and make copies of the list for each guest. The guests then get 2 minutes to fix all the disorganized words. The guest who finishes the most words in the time allotted gets the prize.
3) Guess How Many Hearts: Place cinnamon hearts or other candy in a jar. Then hand out a piece of paper and pen to each of your guests. Ask them to write down how many hearts they think are inside the jar. Have a red box with an open slit at the top, and ask the guests to fold their paper and put it inside the box. The person with the closest guess will win the heart candy filled jar.
4) Quick Kiss: Hide Hershey Kisses around the room and have your guests race to see who can find the most kisses. The person who finds the greatest number of kisses is the winner of the game.
5) Dedicate a romantic song to your sweetheart: As it’s the season of love, asking your guests to sing a romantic song for their sweetheart would be a brilliant idea. This will make your guests feel more involved and it will keep everyone entertained. You can pick 3 to 4 individuals as judges, and ask them to rate the competitors. The judges can rate the contestants on their enthusiasm, the song that they choose, and how well it is presented. The couple who gets the highest rating wins the competition.
6) How much you know your Sweetheart: This is a fun game to play with couples at a party. Hand out two sheets of paper to each of your guests. Then ask them to write 5 things they like on one sheet of paper, and 5 things their partner likes on the other sheet of paper. The list could include anything from food to books to movies, or even vacation spots. The couple who gets the highest number of matches wins the game.
7) The Heart Tattoo Game: You can ask your guest to make a nice Valentine’s Day tattoo on their partner. For this you will need to prepare some body paints, face paints, or body markers to decorate with. You will also need to have some towels or washcloths on hand for any cleanup. After all the guests have made their tattoos, have everyone admire each other’s tattoo and vote for their favorite. The guest who created the highest voted tattoo wins the game.
8 ) Valentine Dance Moves: For a fun filled evening that will keep everyone entertained, try one of the many dance TV games available, like “Dance Dance Revolution DVD Game”. All you have to do is hook up the game, turn on the TV, crank up the volume, and let the dance moves fall where they may! With this type of game, guests are sure to have a blast and burn some serious calories! Make sure you have moved any furniture or breakable items so nobody gets hurt when the party takes off! Give out prizes for the smoothest, wackiest and most complicated dance moves.
So with Valentine’s Day just around the corner, start planning for your big party. It is the season of love and celebrations, so make the most of it by partying, dancing, and singing… and of course spending some precious time with the ones you love.