Are you in charge of planning for an upcoming shower? Here are some great shower game ideas to keep your guests entertained. I’ve used these games at baby showers, bridal showers, and holiday parties! The rules and setup are very simple – you hardly need to prepare anything in advance. Make sure to get , fun trinkets to be used as prizes for game winners. Some prize ideas include bath soaps, small candles, or chocolates. And, if you haven’t yet purchased your girl baby shower invitations or boy baby shower invitations yet, make your own on PurpleTrail.com.
Shower Game Idea – The Purse Game Setup & Rules
Have I got a great shower game idea for you – one of the biggest hits at any party is the PURSE GAME! This game is super fun and easy to play. To begin, have your guests grab their purses. Then explain that you will be reading off a list of items. If the guest has this item in their purse, have them pull it out and place it in front of them. The guest with the most items wins!
Here is an example of a list to use. Feel free to change it here and there to accommodate your event and group!
- Picture of boyfriend/husband/fiance
- Pepper spray
- Hunting or fishing license
- Bottle opener
- Cell Phone
- Hair brush
- Ponytail holder
- Feminine product
- Alcoholic beverage
- Lipstick in a shade you are not wearing
- Hand sanitizer
- American Express credit card
- Fruit flavored gum
- A pen of a color other than blue or black
- A receipt for shoes youve purchased
- Emery board or nail file
- Nail clippers
- Tide stick
- Hand lotion
- Drivers license
- Deck of cards
- Gift card from Target
Shower Game Idea – Trivia
Trivia is always fun! You can either make up your own trivia questions or use the ones we have listed below. Either way try to tailor the trivia to you and your guests interests. If the trivia is related to material you and your guests are passionate about, the game will definitely be more fun and entertaining. Here are a few trivia questions you can use for an upcoming shower trivia game. The questions are broken up into shower category. If you are planning for an upcoming baby shower, take at our Free Printable Baby Shower Game Ideas article.
Baby Shower Trivia
- True or false. During pregnancy a woman’s heart and liver grow.
- Towards the end of pregnancy, about how many pints of water is inside of a woman’s womb?
- True or false. Girl babies out number boy babies.
- True or false. Twins are more likely to be left handed.
- What is the average length of a pregnancy?
- Which organ is the last to develop in a baby?
- What is the third stage of labor referred to as?
- After a women becomes pregnant, about how many more calories does she have to consume than before she was pregnant?
- The longest pregnancy lasted how many days?
- During pregnancy, which sense greatly improves?
- Fathers can experience symtoms of pregnancy while their wife is pragnant. What is this condition called?
- 280 days
- The placental stage
- About 300 more
- The sense of smell
- Sympathetic pregnancy or the Couvade Syndrome
Bridal Shower Trivia
- Ancient Roman Brides wore a flame yellow “flammeum” during their marriage ceremony. Today brides still follow a similar tradition, but refer to the “flammeum” as what?
- Which term originated from the Old English word for man, gruma?
- About how much is the cost of an average wedding?
- Engagement and wedding rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because it was once believed that their was a vein on that finger that lead straight to what?
- Which queen started the western white wedding dress trend in 1840?
- What color dresses did Jackie Kennedy’s bridesmaids wear?
- Queen Victoria’s wedding cake wieghed 300 pounds and was how many yards in circumference?
- True or false. Fragments of Queen Victoria’s wedding cake has been preserved since 1840.
- A veil
- Around $20,000 to $25,000
- The heart
- Queen Victoria
- Pink and red
- True. Their are still fragments around today that you can view in certain museums.
Enjoy Your Celebration!
We hope you enjoyed these creative game ideas. Have fun at your shower. Remember to be creative and have fun coming up with shower game ideas of your own. Your guest will surely love any game you choose to include in your special celebration.