The rehearsal dinner is a fun pre-wedding occasion meant to help everyone relax together before the big day. When it comes to rehearsal dinner decorations, it’s best to keep it simple and fun. This is the time to go in a different direction than the decor you’ve chosen for your wedding. Check out these fun & fresh rehearsal dinner decoration ideas for some inspiration.
Rehearsal Dinner Invitations
Shop PurpleTrail’s collection of rehearsal dinner invitations to find the style that best fits your dinner. Each design can be personalized to suit your style.
Rehearsal Dinner Decorations: Colors and Motifs
- Decorate with light colors, place fresh cut flowers in vases or mason jars and hang chandeliers or white paper lanterns for a shabby chic rehearsal dinner.
- Choose a color scheme different from your wedding colors and decorate the tables and walls with those colors. Black and white creates an instant formal vibe, while shades of blue look casual but elegant.
- Create a photo collage of the bride and groom over the years for friends and family members to admire.
- Set up plenty of candles for soft, romantic lighting.
- Hanging strings of lights adds instant fancy flair to a casual dinner party.
- Consider a beach theme if you’re having a summer wedding….decor will be affordable and easy to find.
- A Mexican fiesta is always a hit. Decorate in bold colors and place chips and salsa on the tables.
Rehearsal Dinner Decorations: Centerpieces
Visit your local farmers market for seasonal blooms. Go to your local craft store and purchase inexpensive vases to line in the center of your table. Make sure your centerpieces aren’t too tall as you don’t want to create a barrier for your guests.
Look in your own backyard (or someone in your family’s backyard). Rhododendrons and peonies make great floating table centerpieces. Use a shallow bowl or dish filled with water to float the blooms.
Use fruit. Kumquats, lemons and limes make beautiful centerpieces. Pile them in a clear bowl or wide-mouthed vase. Add in a few Gerber daises for a floral touch.
You Light Up My Life:
Try using pictures and candles for your rehearsal dinner decorations. Frame pictures of you and your spouse-to-be spanning your journey together. Purchase a few votive candles to scatter along the table. This is a fun way for your guests to see your story as a couple. Add in pictures of each of you when you were little, these are fun for everyone to reminisce over.
Yards of Elegance:
Fabric table runners. Table runners are a beautiful accent to any tablescape. Visit your local fabric store and purchase a few yards of fabric. You can either finish the edges with a quick hem or iron in a crease to create a faux finished edge. Stick to patterns and prints that are elegant and clean- not too overpowering. Add your pictures, candles, vases or bowls and you have a beautiful table with minimal fuss.
Go casual. Line each table with butcher paper and provide crayons or pens for your guests in cups along the tables. Everyone can write messages to the bride and groom and it keeps little ones entertained as well!
If you are hosting a themed rehearsal dinner party, use the theme as your guide. If you are having a Mexican theme, visit your local party store and get mini pinatas for the tables. If having a Luau theme, line the table with lays and use coconuts. You can drill holes in the top to drain the milk and fill with water to use as a vase.
Rehearsal dinner decorations don’t have to be complicated. The rehearsal dinner is meant to be fun and relaxed, so be creative with all of your decor. The PurpleTrail team wishes you and your family a wonderful time at the rehearsal dinner and a beautiful wedding day!