New Years Eve is also known as First Night. It is the celebration of the end of the current year and all the possibilities the new year brings. Before you send out your New Year’s invitations, here are some New Year’s Eve celebration ideas, to help you plan an evening of for all types of scenarios.
New Year’s Party Invitations
New Year’s Eve Celebration Ideas
1. Go out on the town., Do a search for new year’s celebrations in your city. There are usually a host of events from very formal (black tie), to very casual (family fireworks show), and many in between. Call early to reserve seats/tables as the larger events tend to fill up quickly.
2. Host a party. Complete with hats and noise makers. Make it a cocktail party, dress code enforced! Or keep it casual and serve great, easy finger foods. Check out some of these champagne drink ideas.
3. Spend a romantic evening at home. Order in, make a fire, watch the ball drop on TV and greet the new year with a kiss.
4. Write letters to loved ones. Take a moment to write a letter of reflection or appreciation for your loved ones. Seal the letter and begin the tradition of opening last year’s letter and writing a new one each new years.
5. Game Night., Have a tournament of games. What ever the family favorite may be. Then go outside and bang pots and pans at midnight.
6. Travel., Visit somewhere you’ve always wanted to ring in the new year. Think of a place with special meaning or that signifies hope and well being for the new year.
7. Celebrate in a another time zone., This is our favorite New Year’s Eve celebration idea for families with little ones. Staying up to celebrate the new year can prove difficult with work schedules and kiddos running around. Solution? Celebrate in an earlier time zone. If you are on Pacific time, celebrate with New York! Create a New York themed menu. This way your little ones can hit the hay without missing the height of the festivities!
Whatever way you choose to ring in the new year, have fun and be safe. The new year holds great possibility. It’s a good time to, let go of the past and make the most of the present.
We hope you enjoyed these New Year’s Eve celebration ideas.