One very exciting theme for a young girl’s birthday party is centered around fairy tales or princesses. Children love to make believe they are in a fantasy world and a princess themed party provides an awesome opportunity for them to dress up and get in character. There are many ways to use this theme throughout your party from the decorations and activities all the way down to the cake. Set the tone of with great princess party invitations.
Every party starts by sending out invitations, and you can easily let your guests know about the theme of your party by sending creative birthday invites.
- Your invitations could be designed as royal scrolls rolled up and hand delivered to each guests.
- The princess party invitations could be printed on special paper and the wording written using majestic language to set the tone. For example, “King Jason and Queen Samantha request your presence at the Johnson Castle for Princess Tabitha’s royal birthday celebration, etc.
- If mailing invitations you could cut crown shapes or castle shapes out of gold or pink paper and write on the venue details.
- Another simple idea is to make invitations that are decorated with princess pictures, or princess clip art like castles, crowns, magic wands, glass slippers, etc.
- It is also very quick and easy to send out online invitations. PurpleTrail has a beautiful selection of princess themed invitations.
Dress Like a Princess
Little girls love playing dress up. Why not make your celebration a princess dress up party! You can requests the girls wear princess like attire on your invitations. Or provide your guests with pretty princess crowns, long gloves and dresses, or any other princess accessories you can think of. Turning your party into a dress up party will really add to your princess party theme and make the occasion more memorable.
Have fun princess movies playing at your party. Turn on classics like Sleeping Beauty, Princess Bride, or Cinderella. Your guest can sit back and watch these fun movies if they feel like taking a break from socializing. Have plenty of games for your little princess to play. You can even provide your guests with princess trivia. A round of trivia will surely lighten up your party. Simply divide your guests into teams. Ask questions and the team that answers the most questions wins. Add to the excitement by providing your guests with a special prize. Use some of these trivia questions for your princess trivia game. Add in additional questions that fit the age group and interests of your guests.
Princess Trivia – Questions
- What is the name of the Disney princess who sings A Whole New World while riding on a magic carpet?
- Who was Disney’s first ever princess? Hint: She has seven quirky co-stars
- What is the name of the princess from Beauty and the Beast?
- What does Belle mean in French?
- What is the villains name in Sleeping Beauty?
- How does Sleeping Beauty wake up or how is the sleeping spell that was cast on her broken?
Princess Trivia – Answers
- Jasmine from Aladdin
- Snow White
- She was kissed by her prince charming
Serve your guests snacks and desserts fit for a princess. You can set up a cute tea party inspired table setting for your little one’s birthday party. Add beautiful pink and white flowers to give your table setting a sweet affect. Try serving the girls simple finger food so they can grab snacks while they’re playing. This will also make clean up fast and easy. Cupcakes, cookies, strawberries, chopped up carrots, and apples all make for great princess party snacks. For drinks, serve the guests pink lemonade. They will love these party snack ideas!
Have a Fun Princess Party
Have a wonderful celebration! With a little creativity, they can be fun and functional! Not to mention they will give your guests an idea of what to expect on the day of the party. Be sure to check out our Princess Party Games and Crafts article!