Time for Dad to take center stage on his special day! How do you plan to show your love and appreciation? You can start with thoughtful Father’s Day cards, but are you going to settle for the same old tie or pair of socks? Or do you have something special in mind? Ditch the typical gifts this Father’s Day and get something he’ll appreciate. We’ve pulled together some great ideas that dads are sure to love. Check out this list of best Fathers Day gifts for ideas and inspiration.
Guidelines while selecting a Gift For Your Dad:
- Don’t just consider what you like to give. Think about what he would like to receive. It’s his gift!
- Listen for hints and don’t believe them if they say they don’t want anything. There’s a great gift for even the hardest to please and you’ll discover it if you put forth the effort.
- Analyze his interests and look for things he might do in his spare time.
- Remember the stories he keeps telling you. Maybe they are about him participating in a college jazz band, the country he liked most to visit, or maybe his favorite movie. Try searching for some gift related to these stories. After you pick an item, don’t forget to write a note mention: “This gift reminded me of the stories you share with me”.
- Look for gifts that are practical -things he needs that might make his life more enjoyable and comfortable. Items like chair massagers and warmers make a great gift.
- Keep in mind that gifts should be something that makes someone feel adored and treasured and cared for. It’s not the amount you spend, but the time you spend searching for the gift. A simple gesture of cooking him his favorite meal, massaging his neck and just telling him how much we love and appreciate him would be more than enough to show him how you feel.
Best Fathers Day Gifts:
- The Gift of Favor: Celebrating Father’s Day isn’t about how much money you spend, but rather it is, about the thought behind the gift. If you’re low on cash or gift ideas, do a favor for Dad! Mow the lawn, paint the shed, wash the car. Anything that your father would normally do, take that chore off his hands and do it for him. He will appreciate you! But, please remember to at least get him a card!
- The Gift of Time: If your father is the type of guy that has everything, spend some time with him. All parents who love their children just want some time with their kids! Take him out to a movie, go fishing, play miniature golf, or even just sit and chat! Your father will be so glad to see you taking the time out of your life to dedicate to him. It will mean a lot!
- Message in a Bottle Card: You can take a bottle and decorate it with glitters and stickers. Then write a special note to your dad on a piece of paper and wrap it with a ribbon. Put the note inside the bottle and deliver it to your dad.
- BBQ : This idea will be one everyone will enjoy. If your Dad loves to BBQ, then look for accessories, wood chips, aprons, marinades, cookbooks or, pans. Or, splurge for a new grill, BBQ, or smoker.
- A Tool Guy gift: Purchase that special tool he’s been eying, or get a gift certificate or shopping card so that he can buy what ever he likes on his own.
- My daddy coolest scrapbook: Make a scrapbook with quotes, photos, special notes and thoughts of all the times dad was there to help you, support, you, and cheer you forward.
- Handing out Books: Is your dad a reader? If so, he is sure to love any great book as an addition to his library! Check out, the top 10 book list at Amazon.com.
- Skin care Gift: Presenting your dad with everything he needs to start the day fresh and well-groomed is also a great idea. How about gifting a “Zirh 4-piece Starter Skin Care Kit“. It would just cost $24 and your dad will be touched by your practical thinking.
- Ticketmaster gift card:, Take the guesswork out of gifting this Fathers Day and let dad pick his venue himself with this Ticketmaster gift card. It is redeemable for sports games, concerts and the theater. (Ticketmaster.com gift certificate, amounts starting at $25 )
- Dad Letterhead Frame: Cherish your memories with Mom & Dad Letterhead Frames. These frames are perfect for telling your parental figures that you love them. The frames are made of wood and hold 4 x 6 photographs. They are available for just $22.
Whatever you do, don’t settle for the same old boring stuff everyone else is getting! Spend some quality time with your dad doing something just for him. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to tell him how much you love him. Whatever you do, make your gift special! Any man can be a father, but it takes a special person to be a dad! Hope this list of best Fathers Day gift ideas was helpful. Have fun selecting your special gift!